Tuesday, January 6, 2015

2015.

I've never really been into New Year resolutions for a couple reasons. One being that resolutions are hardly ever kept past February, and the other being that you can set goals for yourself anytime of the year not just January 1st. It's just always funny to me how big of a deal everyone makes this time of year when it is really just another day. However, I do feel a sense of optimism about 2015 that I haven't really felt about past new years. 2014 was kind of a weird year for me. I went through a lot of life changes, some fun and some not so fun. Strangely enough, graduating high school and moving away from home were not the most dramatic events of this year. I've had to really relearn who I am and figure out how to live a new life- a life of adulthood and self-understanding. Because of all these changes in my life and within myself in 2014, I can make 2015 a year of building and bettering. I have exposed my struggles and imperfections so blatantly that I can now learn to improve and grow. It's kind of how you have to tear down a foundation in order to rebuild something stronger and better. I have hope that in this year I will learn to feel comfortable with my life and become a happier person. I think no matter where we are in our life, this is something we all can do. All of us go through trials that help us understand ourselves in new ways. We can always take these type of experiences to become better, kinder, and wiser. I have set New Year resolutions this time around, and I feel determined to continue them past February. I hope all of us take this year to improve ourselves and become a person we've always wanted to be. When it comes to character improvement, nothing is really impossible. We can all become the person we dream of being. I'm cringing at how cliche this all sounds, but it is true. I just want to be a good person with a satisfying life, and I hope 2015 brings me one step closer to that. 


No comments:

Post a Comment