Breaking news...Caroline and I are now parents. On Labor Day we bought ourselves a beta fish, and I know all fish owners say their fish is the cutest, but ours really is. He's a light lavender and cranberry color, and he either does a lot of drugs or he's just extremely hyperactive. We named him Judy after our tennis coach, Scott Judy. Coach Judy made Caroline and I doubles partners our Junior year, and that's how we became best friends. We figured the only real way to thank Judy for our friendship was to name a fish after him. So there ya go Scott...hope you feel honored.
On Wednesday I drove down to Salt Lake for the night to go to the Arctic Monkeys concert. Even though I had to drive down there from Logan and then wait in line for four hours, it was so worth it. There's honestly no better feeling than being front row at a concert, feeling the music in your chest, and screaming so loud your throat hurts. If I could spend every night at a concert, I seriously would. If you've never listened to the Arctic Monkeys before I would suggest you do that, probably start off with Do I Wanna Know? or Fluorescent Adolescent.
Also, last night was USU's Institute opening social. Can I just say that I already love institute. I loved seminary, but institute is even better. I'm taking a class called Teachings of the Living Prophets, which is pretty much just studying past conference talks. It is really awesome (despite the fact there are only three boys in our class and one of them is married). I love getting the opportunity to learn more about the gospel and feel the spirit with my peers. The opening social was super fun. They had food, games, movies, a dance, and lots of new people! I feel very lucky to be apart of a gospel that creates such a positive and happy environment.


No comments:
Post a Comment