Monday, December 1, 2014

givin' thanks.

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Not only did I not have to go to school, but I got to spend time with my family. So it was a good week. This time of year is dedicated to being grateful, and I definitely have a lot to be grateful for. I have the most incredible family who double as my best friends. I used to hate being the youngest child, but I love that we can all just be friends since we are all "grown up" now. Even back when the age difference seemed more drastic, they have always been my closest and most understanding friends. They put up with my annoying adolescent behavior and taught me how to become a better person. I'm grateful for a family who loves each other unconditionally and always treats each other with kindness. I'm grateful for my opportunity to receive an education. Although school is hard and expensive, it is still the greatest gift I could ever receive. Regardless if I work until I'm 65 or not, I know my life will be blessed by earning a degree. I'm of course grateful for the gospel and the privilege I have to be apart of something that makes me so happy. I'm grateful for my testimony and the ability we have to share it with others. I am grateful for patience- people who have it and share it with me. I can be a lot to handle at times, but the people in my life are masters of patience and have helped me in countless ways. I am grateful for my amazing friends. They keep me sane and keep me happy. I don't know what I would do without their support, love, and humor. I am grateful for good music and good books; they keep my life intriguing, meaningful, and inspiring. I am grateful for photography and the blessing it has been in my life in every way. Not only has it helped me financially, it has helped me emotionally and creatively. I love capturing moments and raw emotions, and I'm very lucky to do it as my job. I am grateful for my cat who is the most perfect little thing in the world. I'm actually just grateful for cats in general. Things that don't seem as important but I am still grateful for are: holiday mint m&m's, honeycrisp apples, socks that are tall enough to cover my ankles because my pants are always too short, pillsbury seasonal sugar cookies, aux chords, caroline's ability to wake up on time so she can wake me up when I sleep past my alarm, diet coke, Netflix, and the Kardashians. All in all, it doesn't matter what you have or what your life is like- there is always a lot to be thankful for. Our lives are magical and significant, and I hope you don't take your blessings for granted. 




(I'm also thankful for squishy family snuggles in my bed while watching The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air)


1 comment: