Thursday, January 14, 2016
cruisin'.
Several months ago I started planning a vacation with my two best friends, and we decided on a cruise. It was super affordable and easy for three young adults to pull off and it looked super fun. After we worked out all the traveling details and money issues we tried booking our tickets...and guess what...we couldn't because none of us were 21. I understand why cruise lines wouldn't want a bunch of teenagers running around unsupervised, but like we are somewhat adults (kind of not really but kind of). If I am expected to pay taxes and live on my own and can vote for the president of the United States of America, then I should dang well be allowed to go on a freaking cruise. Ok well anyways we ended up inviting my parents, which wasn't a bad option. I love traveling with them anyways so it was a win-win haha. They stayed in a separate room on the other side of the boat, and it was nice having them around to be responsible when we didn't want to be haha. The cruise was so so so fun. It was really stormy the whole time so the waves were massive. People were throwing up and falling down all over the place haha. I loved the cruise, but I probably couldn't have handled a longer one. None of us threw up, but we all were super dizzy the whole time. However, it was so fun just to be able to eat whenever and club all night and have unlimited entertainment. Catalina Island and Ensenada, Mexico were both so fun and so different. Catalina Island was warm and sunny and so cute. We got to drive golf carts around the island, stroll through the little shops and go on a glass bottom boat. That place is seriously the cutest little vacation spot. The whole island just looks like a post card haha. We knew Ensenada was going to be rainy, so we started with zip lining early in the morning to avoid the rain. It was incredible! Throughout the zip lines were rope courses that were actually kind of scary and hard to do. My friend hates heights, and they were definitely high, so I was super impressed she did them without too much hesitation haha. It was gorgeous to be over some pretty lakes and through the canopies of the mountains. The weather was completely downhill from there. It poured. And I mean poured. The streets were flooding like crazy and every layer of our clothes were soaked. It honestly looked like we all jumped in a swimming pool. We got to go to a blow hole (don't remember what it was called opps) and walk down a street (more like river) that had cute little shops and foods. It would have been so fun to be able to spend more time looking through the stores, but we couldn't even see because of how bad it was raining haha. It wasn't the day we expected, but it was so much fun. We couldn't stop laughing the whole time at how crazy it was. It was one of those experiences that I'll remember forever. Getting drenched on in Mexico with my two best friends haha. We also got to eat some delicious Mexican food at a tiny hole in the wall restaurant. My favorite part was their tortilla soup. We've all been craving it since haha. Anyways, I made a little vacation video of the trip. Obviously Mexico is poorly documented because of the rain, but I'm still glad I have these memories on video. Going on a cruise with your best friends is definitely a good time. I miss it already!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment