This hot springs is not too far of a drive from our house, and it is
seriously this little piece of heaven in the middle of nowhere. The drive
is mostly on a super bumpy dirt road... but I mean what’s new. This is
prettiest hot springs and the least smelly hot springs I've ever
been to. It is a huge pool of crystal clear water that is the temperature of a
nice bath. There are huge trees that create a beautiful canopy over the blue
water. There is even a rope swing that we got to play. In the water were millions
of those tiny fish that rich people use for pedicures because they eat the dead
skin off your feet haha. It was the creepiest feeling in the world, and it
tickled so badly. I would have been ok if they just stuck to eating your feet,
but they were biting literally all over our bodies. While we were there our
tour guide came over and offered for us to try some “wild meat”. We felt rude
refusing because the guy was clearly excited about it, so we ate it. It
actually was better than I expected, however we both felt pretty sick after
eating a plate full. We found out that it was some weird animal that is similar
to a gazelle. I probably should be vegetarian now. Getting to go swimming at
this hot springs was one of those moments on this trip when I was like “holy
balls I’m in Africa”. I seriously feel so beyond lucky to be in such a
beautiful place.
Our failed attempts at being cool under water.
No comments:
Post a Comment