Made it to Kenya!
Sunday, June 19, 2016
lake chala.
This weekend a couple of us went to Lake Chala. Lake Chala is a crater lake in a caldera that borders Kenya and Tanzania, and is the deepest lake in Tanzania. It is one of the prettiest places I have ever been, but then again I think that about everywhere I go in Tanzania haha. The water is so blue and clear. There are also monkeys jumping around in the trees surrounding it, which of course I am always a fan of. I read on the internet that there used to be a lot of alligators, but they were killing people so they've slowly killed them. Kind of sad, but I'm just glad I didn't see any! You have to hike down the mountain to get down to the lake, but once you are down there it is so peaceful. It was a very relaxing place to be and to just enjoy the beauty of Africa. We rented kayaks so we could go kayaking to the other side, however it was way too far away so we just chilled somewhere in the middle haha. For a lake being made from the runoff streams of Mt Kilimanjaro, the water was surprisingly not too cold. We got to do lots of swimming and chilling, so it was a good day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment