Sunday, August 17, 2014

emily the aggie.

Well folks, I have officially moved out of my house! Crazy. I will never live under my parents' roof as a dependent again. If I think about it long enough I start to cry, but hopefully the depression of growing up will go away once classes actually start. I am taking an early two credit course called Connections that starts on Wednesday, and then regular classes being on the 25th. I am extremely scared and nervous for all of the unknowns about this whole college thing, but I'm trying really hard to remember all the fun things I will get to experience here as well. I feel very lucky to have my best friend here with me who creates such a sense of stability in my life, which is greatly appreciated in this part of my life. I also feel very lucky to only live one hour away from home, and to have two of my siblings up here in Logan with me. As far as college experiences go, I have an easy one.

We moved in yesterday, as well as two of our other roommates- who I already love. We have two more girls who aren't moving in until later this week, so as of now it's just us four. It was a really strange experience unpacking all my things and finding a new home for them, but it was super fun too. I've never been the person in charge of deciding where the blender goes or how I want to organize the bathroom. It's going to be interesting getting used to making my own decisions instead of asking my mom.


 Clearly not happy about saying goodbye to this woman.


 Caroline and I decided that we would just decorate our room with whatever weird artwork we could find during the summer, and we didn't really care too much about being all matchy matchy. We are both so in love with how everything turned out, and I'm so relieved that this dorm room is able to feel a little homey. 

 I got this duvet at Anthropologie, and I'm obsessed. It's super colorful, plus it's super comfortable. 

 I have about 30 books on my shelf in my bedroom back home, so it was pretty much a crisis knowing I could only take a few of them.

 Caroline's side of the room.

 If you know either me or Caroline you probably know that we are pretty weird, so it's no surprise that our shelf below our mirror looks the way it does. We both just brought random statues and figurines that vary from a cat, to an old baby doll, to a skull teapot, to a statue of Jesus. Even though it is pretty scary and strange...we love it. I also started hanging up my Polaroids above our computers, and I will continue to add more as the year goes on. 

Our bathroom.


I'm super excited to see what this year has in store for me, and I feel so blessed to have so many people around me who support and love me. Go Aggies!

No comments:

Post a Comment