Well I have lived away from my mommy and daddy for 10 days now, and I'm surprisingly still alive! It's actually a lot easier than I thought it would be. I always have the habit of getting all worked up and super nervous before big events, but everything always ends up working out just fine. I think I have adjusted pretty well to having to do things for myself now, like cooking and cleaning and grocery shopping. Since I have so much family in Logan with me I haven't really had the chance to feel homesick yet. I really miss my cat though. I even had to FaceTime him like the third day I got here. College is so different from high school, and I love it. There is always something fun going on either in your dorm or somewhere around campus. This week there was a giant slip and slide down Old Main, volleyball tournaments, movies on the quad, lots of free food (which I have a new found appreciation for), and we had a waffle party in our kitchen with lots of friends. We finished our early class- which was so boring and terrible but at least I met some cool people- and then we started our regular classes today. I am taking American Institutions, Creative Arts, Math for Elementary Teachers, and Intelligent Life in the Universe. Hopefully those classes aren't too hard...they seem fine as of the first day haha. I'm sure I will be crying in my piles of homework in a few weeks. I just don't feel smart enough to be taking classes that cost this much money. Anyways, I love my roommates, and we all feel super lucky that we get along so well. We could have been paired with anyone in this whole building, but we were lucky enough to get paired with each other.
Here is an example of our fancy cookings skills...
First day of school!
So Caroline and I decided to do that thing where you draw someone's face in one continuous line without looking down at what you're drawing and this was the results...
Looks just like us.


No comments:
Post a Comment