At the beginning of August my parents, my brother, and myself all took a little trip to Massachusetts and New York. It was such a fun trip to have right before me and Jake both left for college. We flew into Boston and spent a couple nights there. My family used to live in Massachusetts and I was actually born there, but have no memory of it since we moved when I was still a baby. It was really fun to see the hospital I was born in and our old house and neighborhood. We also got to walk around by the water and explore on the Freedom Trail where we got to see a lot of historical sights that I honestly don't really remember the names of haha. I know we saw Paul Revere's grave and where the Boston Massacre occurred and other important things like that...I probably should have paid better attention. Also in Boston we got to go to the One Direction concert. If you know me personally, then you understand that this is about the biggest deal in the whole world. You could say I'm a pretty big fan (don't judge). Our seats were super close to the stage, and it was just completely perfect. I am still hyperventilating and it's been ten days since that night. Everyone supported me and came with me to the show, and Jake even held a poster that said "lick my beard". My family is awesome.
After our time in MA, we drove about 5 hours to Palmyra, New York. We got to see a ton of church history sights like Joseph Smith's home, where the Book of Mormon was first printed, Hill Cumorah, and the sacred grove. It was incredible to see in real life all the places I've learned about in church since before I can remember. The spirit was very present the whole time, and my testimony of the resturation was strengthened. I'm very glad we made this stop part of our trip.
From Palmyra we drove another 5 hours down to New York City, which is seriously one of my favorite places in the world. It is definitely a dream of mine to live in NYC before I have kids. We stayed in a hotel on Time Square, which was so fun to be so close to the action. We went to two musicals- Rocky and Newsies- which were both fabulous. It was my second time seeing Newsies on Broadway so I knew it was going to be amazing, but I had no idea that Rocky would be as awesome as it was. It had an amazing set and really good music. We did other typical tourist things like Rockefeller, Central Park, a harbor tour, Yankees Game, and of course lots and lots of good eating.
I made another little video of the trip which I posted below. It was such a great trip with my very best friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment